Welcome!

Welcome!
I realized quickly that I’d have to “think outside the box” to learn about my ancestors. I LOVE to interview people, and listen to stories about "the older days" when life seemed a little slower and simpler. I study USGS maps, plats, read chanceries, look for long forgotten cemeteries and try to help preserve memories people share with me. This blog is ad free, so it's easier to focus on sharing stories. Feel free to sign the guestbook, or join the FaceBook group. Even if we aren't related by DNA, I'd still love to hear about your research efforts and family stories. I am interested in posting (to this blog) stories relevant to the Mecklenburg-Brunswick families.

18 February 2009

blog goal

My grandmother and many others who have seen my posted trees have asked me to try to start a website, to show all the preservation I've tried to do over the years. I collect records and photograph things with the intent to share, but there's only so much I can share without posting on a site. So I will try to post pictures and info here. I love to interview people and learn what life was like in the good old days. I'm also trying to take my digital cemetery pictures and label them in Adobe slide shows. I've never tried anything like a blog before, so I hope it doesn't take me too long to figure things out.

No comments: