Welcome!

Welcome!
I realized quickly, with the lack of records for my family, that I’d really have to “think outside the box”. I LOVE to interview people, and ask about "the older days" in Mecklenburg. I also study USGS maps, plats, read chanceries, look for long forgotten cemeteries and try help preserve some of those memories people share with me. Feel free to sign my guestbook stating surnames you are looking for, who you're related to etc. Always a work in progress, a work that I truly love!

07 June 2009

Mary Walker & Pearl Walker Reams



I did an interview with Mary Walker & Pearl Reams, on Labor Day 2005. Right now the interview is in document format, and I can't upload that format on the blog. This interview was printed in the "Southside Roots" Nov 2008. The Southside Roots is a booklet printed by the Southside Historical Society, of which I am a member. Frances Clark near Boydton, Virginia (Mecklenburg County, VA) leads a team of great people trying to preserve some Southside History. I find their efforts most helpful, since I am not a local or old timer. The Southside includes several counties including: Mecklenburg, Brunswick & Lunenburg County, Virginia. See attached link. I also added a link to the historical society in my favorite Virginia genealogy website links posted on this blog.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vassvgs/

No comments: