Welcome!

Welcome!
I realized quickly, with the lack of records for my family, that I’d really have to “think outside the box”. I LOVE to interview people, and ask about "the older days" in Mecklenburg. I also study USGS maps, plats, read chanceries, look for long forgotten cemeteries and try help preserve some of those memories people share with me. Feel free to sign my guestbook stating surnames you are looking for, who you're related to etc. Always a work in progress, a work that I truly love!

25 October 2009

Pleasant Grove Methodist Church Cemetery

I photographed different views of the church & each of the tombstones. The following surnames are included in this slide show:
Bays, Bishop, Butner, Cassell, Crymes, Coleman, Copley, Crute, Dortch, Doyle, Dunn, Edmonson, Estes, Farrar, Ferguson, Gill, Holmes, Jackson, King, Land, Lette, Myers, Newman, Norton, Odell, Ogburn, Price, Rolfe, Rowley, Salters, Shaw, Simmons, Smith, Tunstall, Walker, Warren, Weston

I took 119 tombstone pictures. A few are close ups on a few tombstones not very clear.
I had to compress it for web to 9.03 MB, because the Blogger has file size limits of 10MB. The original file is full computer screen at 16.8 MB. If you wish to have the video at higher resolution and larger size pictures, email me and title the email "Pleasant Grove". I have Gmail which can handle attachments this large.
Each picture is set to show for 4 seconds, and you can pause the slide show. Happy viewing!
video

No comments: