Welcome!

Welcome!
I realized quickly, with the lack of records for my family, that I’d really have to “think outside the box”. I LOVE to interview people, and ask about "the older days" in Mecklenburg. I also study USGS maps, plats, read chanceries, look for long forgotten cemeteries and try help preserve some of those memories people share with me. Feel free to sign my guestbook stating surnames you are looking for, who you're related to etc. Always a work in progress, a work that I truly love!

16 August 2011

guestbook information and goal

My guestbook is finally up and running! I will fine tune a few visual details over the next few days, including paying the nominal fee, so there is no ads. I want my blogs to be totally free, dedicated to just thinking about genealogy and preserving records. So, if you have Mecklenburg or Brunswick roots, feel free to sign the guestbook and state who some of your ancestors are. I have used a different guestbook for over a year on my Polish blog. That blog has received comments from around the world of people stating who and what they are looking for. The Slavic records and their availability are a bit more on the frontier in some ways, so I hoped we could all try to help each other along. People have commented they thought a guestbook could also help those searching for Mecklenburg roots. So I have now added a guestbook to see what collaborative efforts may be accomplished on the blog in this way. Click on the little icon, top right column. It is one more place for your message to be heard, (and indexed and made searchable on Google). I am listed on a few genealogy links because there is no profit or money, just the goal of sharing information and collaborative efforts. So, posting on the guestbook is one more way to get your message out about your Mecklenburg roots. I do very closely moderate my guestbook, and block spam the second I see it. Hope it may help us as we try to preserve some more of our Mecklenburg heritage!

No comments: